The world has to reduce global carbon pollution from fossil fuels by 50% in this decade to avoid dangerous climate change impacts on vulnerable communities and nature. A full global move to 100% sustainable renewable energy is necessary by 2050 at the latest, with solar and wind power being the crucial components. Solid carbon pricing and ambitious emissions trading systems are fundamental contributors like other renewable energy financing and policy tools. To keep global warming below 1.5°C, we need a global effort directed at achieving:
- sectoral and tailor-made carbon or energy taxes, addressing highly different abatement costs;
- ETS permit prices of up to €80 – 150 per ton of CO2;
- sectoral targets and standards including energy efficiency and RES.
Stephan Singer, Senior Climate Science and Global Energy Policy Advisor, Climate Action Network. From his speech at the launch webinar of WCP “Carbon pricing as a win-win solution for a green recovery” held on 18th March 2021
- Election 2022:Albanese's small-target Labor now needs a big agenda - AFR Maggio 22, 2022His biggest problem is that his core promise to reverse the cost of ... the existing “safeguard mechanism” that acts as a de facto carbon price, ...
- Greenko to supply green power to ArcelorMittal, Ayana Renewable, 3 states from Kurnool plant Maggio 22, 2022The plant which is being set up at a cost of USD 3 billion is the ... 15 million tonnes (MT) of carbon dioxide, which is equal to the emissions ...
- Election 2022 results: Anthony Albanese must balance expectations with reality Maggio 22, 2022... of endorsing a mechanism with an implicit price on carbon by modifying ... a decade ago when it did a deal with the Greens on a carbon price.
- The Gemini Countryside factory where houses are built | Chester and District Standard Maggio 22, 2022... away factory in Cheshire – and at a fraction of the carbon cost. ... Each open panel timber frame house emits 14,460kg less carbon dioxide ...
- Ripple Pledges $100 Million to Help Save Earth From Climate Change | Cryptoglobe Maggio 22, 2022San Francisco-based FinTech firm Ripple has announced a $100M commitment to "scale and strengthen" global carbon markets.